Monday, February 2, 2015

Super Sunday!

On Saturday my mother texted me a photo of a Common Redpoll at her feeder. I was stuck at work. It was all I could think about. It's been 2 years since most of us around here had seen one. The last time was the winter of 2012-2013. I knew I had a good chance to see the Redpoll on Sunday since my family and I were headed to her house for our annual family Super Bowl Party. Party started at 2. We showed up at 9ish. I stared at the feeders....some time had past and BOOM there it was! A Common Redpoll. I was able to photograph it. I sat outside for a couple of hours and also photographed a lone Pine Siskin. Was able to get some decent upgraded shots that are on the Best Photos Page at the top of the blog. While sitting out there I heard a Pileated Woodpecker call. Finally was able to get a record shot of it. 21 species while feeder watching yesterday. Most importantly.....the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!


Common Redpoll-Charlton #50

Pileated Woodpecker-Charlton #51


Other photos from the day

House Finch

American Tree Sparrow
American Robin 
 White-breasted Nuthatch
Pine Siskin and Black-capped Chickadee 

No comments:

Post a Comment