Sunday, June 7, 2015

I was losing hope....

My birding confidence has been shot. I have not had a new species in awhile. Its frustrating that I still haven't photographed Cooper's Hawk or Red-shouldered Hawk. However,  a few days ago someone reported a Yellow-billed Cuckoo at Riverbend Farm. So I went there. After a about 20 minutes I heard one singing in some trees that bordered a meadow. Problem was I couldn't even get a record shot. That's when a second cuckoo came in and they started chasing each other a they flew over my head. I was able to catch a record shot! I only need 7 more species to hit my original goal of 180 birds photographed. I am having serious doubts about hitting 200 photos of birds. But who knows! Maybe a few hurricanes will come............


Yellow-billed Cuckoo- Millbury #173

No comments:

Post a Comment