Saturday, October 3, 2015

OH.....YES

I don't even know where to begin. Yesterday was just so awesome with the Wheatear and I was never expecting the next day to add another crazy bird! Nick Paulson called me early this morning and stated that he had a storm-petrel in Sterling. As birders, you know how crazy this is. I ended up there and after we all talked it was identified as a Leach's Storm-Petrel. This was a life bird for me in one of the last places I would of thought I'd of seen one. A great couple weeks in Worcester County! I did go back over to the North Dike for American Pipits. Saw lots of enthusiastic birders watching the Northern Wheatear. Some were put off when I said "i'm just here for the pipits" haha. I was able to photograph American Pipits today as well. Bring on the scoters now!!!


Leach's Storm-Petrel - Sterling #192






American Pipit- Sterling #193



Upgrades

Savannah Sparrow




No comments:

Post a Comment