Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Finally, it's happened to me, right in front of my face...

Sorry for the song reference. So the last few posts I've cried about not finding a Red-breasted Merganser. I have spent countless hours scanning Common Mergansers at great distances trying like hell to find a RBME. Well today was the day. I worked 11pm-7am and headed right for Scar Hill Rd in Boylston at the Wachusett Reservoir. First birds I saw were Long-tailed Ducks. Then I got to see 2 Spotted Sandpipers fly in. Then about a mile away I see a Merganser. I immediately knew that this was gonna be it. Here is my first pic at full power and my iPhone zoomed in. 

I could see at that point the bird was swimming towards me. I just simply waited. Sure enough it swam 20 feet in front of me where I was able to Digitscope some shots. Hard work paid off. Bring on a Canvasback. One just showed up in Cambridge. 

Red-breasted Merganser- Boylston #205

then yesterday a birded at the Quabbin looking for grouse and owls. neither but i did get a lifer Bobcat


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time for you personally to share such a nice info. I truly favor to reading your post.

    _______________________
    Dog training long island

    ReplyDelete
  2. Việt Nam đang có một siêu dự án 2016 Chung cư imperia sky garden sắp ra mắt sẽ làm điên đảo thị trường Chung cu ha noi giới đầu tư sục sôi tìm hiểu về dự án hot này, được biết dự án nằm tại vị trí 243 minh khai thuộc hệ thống Chung cư hai bà trưng, nơi đây từ lâu đã là phố xá sầm uất nhất Hà Nội, bên cạnh đó Chung cư cầu giấyChung cư thanh xuân cũng mọc lên vô vàn dự án cao cấp.

    ReplyDelete