Sunday, November 1, 2015

2 More In The Books

I kinda called it that I was going to get the birds I got this week, well this week. Ill start with Barrow's Goldeneye. I went on Halloween morning with the intention of finding a Barrow's Goldeneye. 2nd bird  I got my scope on was in fact a Barrow's. In ebird it is the earliest record in Worcester County ever and second oldest on the state. Pretty cool. The second bird that I called this week and is on pat for their arrivals was a Snow Bunting. Photographed one at the dike at Wachusett Reservoir where I discovered the Northern Wheatear. The search continues for a Red-breasted Merganser. It's kind of frustrating me not being able to land one. After that I'll need a Canvasback then my Ducks are pretty much covered and I can focus on finding Snowy Owls, Northern Goshawk and Ruffed Grouse.


Barrow's Goldeneye-Southborough #203


Snow Bunting - Sterling  #204


No comments:

Post a Comment