Thursday, January 29, 2015

Feeder Watch

This morning I went over to one of my mentors houses (Alan Marble) to stakeout his feeders. He had some Pine Siskins, Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, and various other birds that I needed to photograph. When I went to his house almost immediately we had 4 Northern Flickers in view at one time. A pair were courting as well. I stayed for about an hour and a half and tallied 20 species. Was able to photography a handful of new birds. Unfortunately I missed the Sapsuckers. It was a four woodpecker day. But it very well could have been a 6 woodpecker day with more time! It was nice to get Brown Creeper out of the way early!


So in the middle of writing this blog I was asked to go to the grocery store. Naturally this always involves a quick birding detour. A local spot along the Blackstone River on the Millbury/Sutton line produced an adult Bald Eagle perched in a tree. Although not new on my year it was the first one I was able to photograph it!

still no Common Redpolls!

off to celebrate Liam's 3rd birthday!!



Northern Flicker-Millbury #42

Pine Siskin-Millbury #43

Red-bellied Woodpecker-Millbury #44

Brown Creeper- Millbury #45

Sharp-shinned Hawk-Millbury #46


Bald Eagle-Sutton #47


No comments:

Post a Comment