Sunday, March 15, 2015

Another Falcon and Round 2 With Some Bohemian Waxwings



Today I had nothing to do. My sister wanted to hang out so what better way than to take her birding aka she sits in the car because it's always cold lol. We drove up to Gardner to try and photograph some more Bohemian Waxwings. As you recall I was able to see four of them last month. They were lifers at the time. I only had about five minutes with them as I had to rush to work. I wasn't satisfied with just five min. Earlier in the day on our Central Mass Birders Facebook Page Dawn had reported up to 40 birds. That sealed it. On the way up there it was raining pretty good....then the more north we got it turned to snow. Not ideal for photos but oh well I had committed already. The birds were not at the location given earlier, however it only took me 2 min to search the area and find fruit trees. Sure enough within another two minutes a huge flock descended down. The flock was all Bohemian Waxwings...wow. I spent about two hours with the birds.  About an hour in a flock of about 20 Cedar Waxwings joined the party  I was able to get a better shot than last time and I updated the page on here with that photo. On the way home on Route 290 I could see a Peregrine Falcon perched on the Peoples United Bank building. I exited the highway and I was able to snag a record shot of it for a new year bird photographed. 





 Peregrine Falcon- Worcester #67



Bohemian Waxwing, Upgrade photo

No comments:

Post a Comment