Thursday, March 19, 2015

Day Off Round Up

   Today was a partial day off. I had to restrain from going to photograph the continuing Bohemian Waxwings. I really wish Gardner wasn't an hour drive from me. Yesterday I didn't have a scope on me when I stopped by Lake Quinsigamond in Shrewsbury to look for waterfowl and gulls. I saw a white-winged gull that I wanted so bad to be a Glaucous Gull. It was an Iceland Gull which I had already found/photographed in Westborough some months ago. So, the search continues or may go into next winter. So today I returned in hopes for a Glaucous Gull but, I found 2 more Iceland Gulls. I'll take it.  While scanning gulls I was able to digiscope a photo of a Mute Swan which somehow took me this long to get a picture of despite seeing them this year. I also upgraded my Great Black-backed Gull photo..however I wouldn't call it that much of an upgrade. While there Alan Marble showed up and as two Crows flew towards us I said "it would be awesome if these were Fish Crows"....not even after I finished that statement they called...and they were indeed Fish Crows. I thought that was going to be a tough bird to photograph this year.  In Sterling I did photograph horribly a Common Raven that chased off an American Kestrel but I'm not sure the photo shows any proof it's that its a Raven so I will hold off on the Ravens for now.


Mute Swan- Shrewsbury #68


Fish Crow- Shrewsbury #69


Upgrades

Iceland Gull


Great Black-backed Gull

No comments:

Post a Comment