Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sunday Birding

This morning I headed back to a few spots from yesterday. This time I had my best bud Ryan in tow. He isn't a birder but he manned up and decided to play along. I continue to check Lake Quinsigamond in hopes of Grebes and/or a Canvasback. I also wanted to check on the Gull situation. I arrived and immediately spotted a Pied-billed Grebe for a new bird for the year photographed. No rare gulls present during my time but I saw after Ed Kittredge had them and the Grebe. I checked on the Redpoll situation and that was a negative.

Tonight Owen and I went for American Woodcocks at Riverbend Farm in Uxbridge. My yearly date for them is March 11. A little late this year. The ground was completely snow-covered and I was worried....but as soon as the light faded we had 4. I was able to get possibly the worst photo ever of a documentation shot. Maybe second only to a lifer Summer Tanager that I failed miserably at. C'mon spring!!

Pied-billed Grebe-Shrewsbury #72


American Woodcock- Uxbridge #73 (I will redeem this photo this year!)


No comments:

Post a Comment