Sunday, May 10, 2015

3 New Birds....a Colony find.

I birded this morning with Alan Marble. Goal was to find our yearly Worm-eating Warbler in Uxbridge. Others had him the other day and I have now failed 4x. He was found after my second try and 2x after he was found I failed to locate him. However I did get to add a Red-eyed Vireo and Common Yellowthroat..(finally). I was hoping for Black-billed Cuckoo but not yet! On the way home from Rhode Island and 3 min from home I found a Bank Swallow colony. I was able to get a photo of one. I had found Bank Swallows already this year but snatching a photo of one among many other birds was hard. I had driven all the way to Sterling to a previous colony but they weren't there. This is a pretty cool find!

I am currently in need of a few birds. So if you are reading this (does anyone even read this?) and spot one you can email me at justindlawson@gmail.com (it comes instantly to my phone).

Least Bittern
Cattle Egret
Brant
Northern Goshawk (maybe a nest)
Ruffed Grouse (consistently)
Long-eared Owl
Whip-poor-will (daytime)
Olive-sided Flycatcher
Acadian Flycatcher
Cliff Swallow (they must nest in this county somewhere!!!!)
Evening Grosbeak
Yellow-breasted Chat
Bay-breasted Warbler
Cape May Warbler
Cerulean Warbler
Mourning Warbler
White-eyed Vireo

Red-eyed Vireo- Uxbridge #160
 Common Yellowthroat- Uxbridge #161



 Bank Swallow- Sutton # 162

No comments:

Post a Comment