Sunday, May 3, 2015

...and here come the birds...


Today there was an explosion of new birds. Last night's wind brought in a whole bunch of first of years and allowed for some type of snapshot to be taken. I started at Brierly Pond Conservation Area  in Millbury. Some good birds there but I was finally able to get a picture of an Ovenbird. I hit other local areas in Millbury and was able to add some expected birds.  At Westborough WMA I came across many other expected birds but from me the highlight was absolutely 3 Rusty Blackbirds! I definitely thought I was going to have to wait for the fall.


Gray Catbird- Sterling #128


                                                                 Ovenbird- Millbury #129



Blue-winged Warbler- Millbury #130



Rose-breasted Grosbeak- Millbury #131

Wood Thrush- Millbury #132


Prairie Warbler-Millbury #133

 Baltimore Oriole- Westborough #134


Warbling Vireo-Westborough #135


Rusty Blackbird- Westborough #136


Yellow-throated Vireo- Westborough #137


American Redstart- Westborough #138



Upgrades

Eastern Kingbird




No comments:

Post a Comment