Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wilson's Warbler Redemption!

Headed out again to Westborough WMA. Today I only birded the Ballfields entrance. First thing I heard was a Willow Flycatcher. I had this "same" last year a day later. Flagged as early on eBird. I recorded the audio and obviously took its picture. My main goal today was obviously Wilson's Warbler.  Last year on this date (Westborough WMA- Last Year 5/13/14 Checklist) I had a Wilson'sWarbler here. Today would be no different. I made up for yesterday's blunder of not getting the picture of one. This is probably the worst possible shot I could ever get of a bird. Very blurry but clearly shows a Wilson's Warbler, so it works for me! In this one apple tree (thanks Alan for teaching me about the tree) I had over 15 species of birds in a couple of hours. The highlights of the tree was Brown Thrasher, Magnolia, Wilson's, and 2 Canada Warblers. Today's checklist ( Checklist). I still get joy in finding Canada's in migration. I still have yet to come across a fallout of warblers. I am still in need of the following if you come across them: (thanks Tom Pirro for the Cliff Swallow tip)

Least Bittern
Cattle Egret
Brant
Northern Goshawk (maybe a nest)
Ruffed Grouse (consistently)
Long-eared Owl
Whip-poor-will (daytime)
Olive-sided Flycatcher
Acadian Flycatcher
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher
Cliff Swallow (they must nest in this county somewhere!!!!)
Evening Grosbeak
Yellow-breasted Chat
Bay-breasted Warbler
Cape May Warbler
Cerulean Warbler
Tennessee Warbler
Mourning Warbler
White-eyed Vireo




Willow Flycatcher- Westborough #167


Wilson's Warbler- Westborough #168




Additional Photos and Upgrades

Canada Warbler


Canada Warbler


Magnolia Warbler

 Common Grackle

No comments:

Post a Comment