Friday, April 24, 2015

2 New species.

First off I wanna say that the Swallow-tailed Kites re back in Rhode Island exactly where we were yesterday! Frustrating.

Moving along. This morning I wanted to get back to Douglas State Forest for Broad-winged Hawk. The was my last stop. I went to Uxbridge Community Gardens to try and nail a Savannah Sparrow. While in route I found a new Common Raven nest. I stopped and was able to upgrade my photo of that species. At the community gardens I was also able to photography a Savannah Sparrow. I didn't have much time today before work but I would of liked to put some work in there and upgraded my Eastern Bluebird and Tree Swallow photos....another time.

At the state forest it only took about 5 minutes from them to start flying overhead while calling. I couldn't find any perched so an overhead shot for now will have to do! Also upgraded my Red-tailed Hawk photo....and as always....no Blue-winged Teal yet. I knew this was going to be a problem bird. This coming week is a good week for scoters and Long-tailed Ducks....fingers crossed they won't be a mile out at Wachusett Reservoir. I still do not have Red-shouldered Hawk or Cooper's Hawk. Have them on the year but not photographed. Winter Wren I have seemed to always struggle with in the spring...hope this year is different!


Savannah Sparrow- Uxbridge #116


Broad-winged Hawk- Douglas #117


Upgrades


Red-tailed Hawk


Common Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment