Thursday, April 2, 2015

Decent Day..A Tough Miss. and a "new"county bird


I started my day with one thing on my mind...finding a rare goose. this day last year a Greater White-fronted Goose was found. i also wanted to try and find a fox sparrow, tree swallow and a rare damn goose. I checked some local spots first   still no Field Sparrow down the road. i then headed to Westborough WMA. Last year I had a handful of Fox Sparrows at this location. This year is not last year! They blocked off little Chauncey and I had the baby so I couldn't bring him in. I was able to photo two Common Ravens abd a crow up the same picture for size comparison. I did add Tree Swallow to the year list. No photo yet. 
Alan Marble then called be and told me about a Greater White-fronted Goose in Lancaster. Called it!! However the bird was gone. Off to Bolton Flats... I was able to get a Eurasian Green-winged Teal. A first for this county. 3 Wilson's Snipe were also hanging around. 









Common Ravens w/crow comparison- Westborough #79


Wilson's Snipe- Bolton #80


Green-winged Teal (Eurasian)- Bolton doesn't count as a new species however!



Photo Upgrades

Mallard

 Canada Goose


No comments:

Post a Comment