Sunday, April 26, 2015

Upgrades and New Birds.BW Teal search wages on.

Today I set out for 2 birds....Winter Wren and Eastern Meadowlark....why lie...3 birds...the damn Blue-winged Teal (still didn't get it) As soon as I walked out of my house today a House Wren greeted me. He was singing like crazy!I spent some time photographing him. I headed to the Worcester Airport area...behind the airport actually on Route 56. As soon as I stepped out of the car an Eastern Meadowlark was singing on a damn fence! Boom! Right from there it was off to Wachusett area for Winter Wrens. I wasn't able to get one but I did upgrade a few species today. At one spot that I stopped at that looked good for the wren I had a calling but not singing Northern Waterthrush. Wachusett Mountain was PACKED. No parking anywhere. But I searched all the roads around it. This bird will have to wait for a weekday. I spent over an hour at Bolton Flats again today. Basically no ducks around. Did have 2 Pied-billed Grebe. On the way home I spotted 2 Chimney Swifts but when I pulled over they were gone and didn't return. Those will be easy!


House Wren-Millbury #118


Eastern Meadowlark- Leicester # 119

Northern Waterthrush- Princeton #120


Upgrades!



Turkey Vulture

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker

 American Crow

Greater Yellowlegs


Red-winged Blackbird

No comments:

Post a Comment