Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Oh...YES!

I woke up at 6am this morning thinking I was going to Mt. Wachusett to put some time in for Winter Wren. A last minute decision was made to try Bolton Flats out. Thank God I did! After nailing Spotted Sandpiper and Lesser Yellowlegs I checked the ducks again and BAM a Blue-winged Teal. I had checked those ducks about 8x prior to seeing it! Feels so good that I got that bird out of the way. I was losing hope!! I then headed to Mt. Wachusett and hiked the Bicentennial Trial to the Pine Hill (or is it just Pines?)Trail. I didn't hear any wrens. So I headed back down.....and BOOM right near the visitor's center there was one going crazy! He wouldn't sit still. Non-stop singing and perching. The best looks I have ever have! What shall tomorrow bring.....



Spotted Sandpiper- Bolton #123

Blue-winged Teal- Bolton #124

Lesser Yellowlegs #125


Winter Wren- Princeton #126



Upgrades!

Red-winged Blackbird


Red-bellied Woodpercker

Northern Waterthrush


Pileated Woodpecker



No comments:

Post a Comment