Monday, April 6, 2015

Unexpected

So I thought for sure that I had lost out on a Greater White-fronted Goose for the year (or till maybe next winter) but, I was wrong. I had to work the morning shift. I got out at 145pm. Saw a missed call from Bob Abbott with a voice-mail saying he was looking at the goose at Dexter Drumlin in Lancaster! I didnt have my camera or a scope. I asked him if he could stay on the bird till I got there and he obliged! I arrived fairly quickly and the bird stuck. It was tough to get a decent picture as he stayed tucked for most of the time at a very long distance. But, still was able to get a pic.

When my son got out of school we went for a walk in Sutton at Purgatory Chasm to find a Pine Warbler. We did find some however the photo opportunity didn't present itself. We did get 3 Pine Siskins as well. It was nice to see them NOT at a feeder and in pines!


Greater White-fronted Goose Lancaster #85

No comments:

Post a Comment